We’re pretty excited about the goodies that we will be auctioning at H is for Harvest, our big fall fundraiser, October 15, 6 pm at Springhouse Cellar (tickets available here).
In keeping with our mission, our live auction also spells S-T-E-W-A-R-D-S-H-I-P:
S is for Shoveling with 8 tons of ¾ minus of gravel delivered to your door courtesy of Lane’s Excavation. That drive way or landscape project is only a truck away! Value: $250
T is for Touring Hood River Wine Country on a guided bike tour for 4 with MountNbarrel. Bike tours include:
- Light breakfast, lunch and dessert from Boda’s Kitchen
- Private tour of Hood River’s largest vineyard, Phelps Creek Estate
- Stops at local organic u-pick: Rainer, Bing and pie cherries, blueberries, raspberries and kale
- New clean, well-maintained hybrid bikes and helmets, stops at three wine – tasting rooms with exclusive offerings
- Available Thursday to Sunday, March 1 – November 1. Trips go from 10 am to 2 pm
- Value: $516 ($129 per person
E is for Everyone Skis with a Timberline Family of 4 Season Pass 2016/17 Winter Season.
Discover your Timberline Truth with a Timberline Season Pass. Timberline has the longest season in North America (7-days a week until June!), the best and most consistent freestyle terrain on Mt. Hood, diverse terrain for all ability levels, Bruno’s learning area, night skiing, amazing restaurants and bars, and Historic Timberline Lodge – the most picturesque place to be in the winter. Note: Expires 5/31/17, All pass recipients must reside at the same physical address, not valid for summer ski season June 1-Sept.30. Value $2,500
W is for a Wet Planet White Salmon ½ Day Rafting Adventure for 4. Designated for protection as a Wild and Scenic River, the white Salmon offers a breathtaking combination of white water and scenery. Wet Planet’s 8 mile ½ day trip is perfect for beginners and advanced rafter with class III-IV rapids that transport you lush forests and an undeveloped shoreline teaming with wildlife. Available April – October, Ages 10+ Value: $280
Aloha! Relax and enjoy a week long stay at Luana Kai Resort. The Luana Kai Resort is located on the quieter north end of Kihei, Maui. But more than great beaches, Kihei’s central location, just 30 minutes to the airport, is easily accessible to all the island activities. This well equipped two bedroom, two bath ground floor condo has everything you and your family or friends will need to enjoy a week of sunshine, sand and surf, including beach chairs, umbrellas and boogie boards. Enjoy the beautiful pool, hot tub and barbecue area and marvel at the tropical sunsets every evenings. Owners Larry and Sara Martin will work with you to find a suitable date for your visit. Value: $1050-1260. Note: Does not include air fare. Winning bidder has the option of choosing the week they would like to go, depending on availability. There is no time limit. Folks can use the week stay whenever they have the time and inclination, but earlier reservations often net cheaper plane tickets.
R is for Reflections from “Passing Storm” an original oil by local Gorge artist extraordinaire Laurel Bushman. Laurel’s award winning work is enthusiastically sought after for its rich colors, lovely textures and dynamic compositions with palette knife work that dances across the canvas as it does in this beautifully framed sunset piece. Find out more about Laurel and her plein air paintings. Value: $650
D is for Destination Silcox Hut!!
A one of a kind slumber party at Timberline’s Silcox Hut for up to 24 people. Above the main lodge at Timberline, Silcox Hut is perfect for a private overnight hideaway. Originally built in 1939 as a warming hut and the upper terminus of the Magic Mile ski lift, Silcox Hut today is a rustic and welcoming alpine lodge on the south side of Mount Hood.
Perched at 7000 feet, it sits at the base of Hood’s best late-season runs on the Palmer Snowfield. Its great room boasts hand-carved tables and chairs, wrought iron accents and a roaring stone fireplace. Silcox guests enjoy the hospitality of a host who is with you for the entire stay. A memorable setting to mark a special birthday or for a family reunion. Includes round trip transportation from Timberline to the Silcox Hut, dinner and breakfast at Silcox Hut. Valid Sunday – Thursday, no holidays, based on availability.Value: $3800
S is Schuss the slopes with one Unlimited Adult Ski Pass at Mt. Hood Meadows. Mt. Hood Meadows is Hood River’s local resort and offers some of the most spectacular skiing and snowboarding in the Northwest! The resort sprawls across Mt. Hood’s southeast flank, the sunny, wind-protected side of Mt. Hood. Meadows’ playful terrain welcomes and challenges all levels of skiers and snowboarders. Value: $519.
H is for Home tour and Dinner for Eight in a contemporary “Northwest Rustic Style” energy efficient home. Enjoy stunning views of Mt. Hood and the East Hills. With hosts Jeff Hunter and Margie Dogatch you will eat fresh and northwest. Depending on the time of year you choose the menu will be prepared out of their gardens that produce vegetables appropriate to the seasons every month of the year except December and January. Jeff and Margie have a great fisherman in the family and can offer fresh Spring Chinook salmon from late April through Mid-June or vacu-sealed after the season. Wines and beer will be chosen locally. Value: $480
I is for Island as in Government Island, the destination for a 1/2 day sailboat cruise for four guests aboard a J-42 with Skipper Tom Keffer and First Mate Lee Christie along the Columbia River. Lunch and beverages provided. Departure is from the Portland Yacht Club, sailing to Government Island and return. Date and times to be arranged by guests and hosts. Value: $400
P is for Plant Your Garden! 3 yards of rich compost from Dirt Hugger, for $50 worth of veggies starts and other flora from Rattlesnake Plants and embrace your sense place with $50 worth of Native Plants from Humble Roots Nursery. Make it an Eastern Gorge excursion to pick out and pick up your garden goodies. Value: $185
If you’ve got your eyes on an item but can’t make the event, contact Polly Wood or (541) 490-5443 to place an absentee bid.
Our Silent Auction Lots
- Night stay at Hood River Hotel w/ $50 gift certificate to Broder Ost. Value: $170
- Timberline Restoration Tour for 2 + wine vault tour + bottle of wine & 1 year membership Friends of Timberline. Value: $250-300
- 4 Tickets to Mt. Hood Railway Dinner Train. Value: $440
- Treat Yourself Package: One month unlimited yoga pass at Flow. $109
- Reflexology Session w/ Marie Louise Pencheon $60
- One-hour Massage session by Linda Wright. Value: $75
- $120 Keen Shoes giftcard
- 2016-17 Family Season Pass to Teacup Nordic Club w/ Cute Pistil Hats
- Wildflowers on Vista Ridge – Framed Photograph by Darryl Lloyd. Value $160
- Kite Lesson at the Hood River Sandbar. Value $180
- ½ Ton of Grass Hay (16 bales) from Pat and Sue Hartford
- Beautiful Ceramic piece from Mystic Mud
- Holiday Wreaths from Trout Creek Orchard to send to friends and family across the country
- Gift certificates and t-shirts from Mike’s Ice Cream
- Have your Art & Eat it too with a celebration event cake by none other than the infamous Polly of Polly’s Cakes! She will design your one of a kind confection to serve up 75 guests. Choose from her many great cake flavors: Chocolate Mousse layer Cake, Pumpkin spice, buttercake with marionberry and vanilla bean custard, lemon cream cake – the list goes on…She coming out of retirement just this once – for you! Value: $150-$500 depending on design.